ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Technical Business Analyst III will be part of a fast-paced software development team in gathering requirements, testing and delivery of features, and maintenance of our product suite. Consider business and technical implications of the application to the current and future environment. Possess an ability to work with business clients, end users of application, development and testing resources.
About the Position:
- Interfaces with external client and vendor contacts, Engagement Centers, Corporate Departments and IT development teams to identify and document functional specifications and requirements, develop and implement solutions and provide service and training to those requiring IT support.
- Defines system scope and objectives based on user defined needs and industry standards. Lead scoping and requirements gathering meetings with business.
- Collaborate with team to arrive at solution to solve complex application design issues.
- Consider business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- Prepares detailed functional specifications and/or other artifacts from which programs will be written.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic and documentation as necessary. Serve in the role of Subject Matter Expert for areas of expertise.
- Has detailed understanding of application functionality, system design and file structures
- Works closely with the developers to ensure requirements are being implemented to meet business need and in line with standard practices.
- Prepares and conducts detailed functional testing of the specifications being developed.
- Adhere to project plans, timelines and provide support to the project manager.
- Support end user testing leading to successful delivery of project.
- Troubleshoot issues and assist users with identifying system errors and possible enhancement requirements.
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of software development lifecycle in the role of an analyst.
- Duties also include instructing, directing, and checking the work of other Business Systems Analysts, including quality assurance reviews. Serve in the role of mentor and help on board new hires.
- Serves as project leader for special projects and initiatives. Being able to work with minimal to no oversight. Being able to track project statuses and provide timely reports of risks and facilitate risk mitigation.
- Work on multiple projects and tasks on a given day and being able to prioritize tasks and plan work day.
- Education: Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field required. 6 8 years of experience in lieu of degree accepted.
- Licenses: Business Analyst or Project Management license preferred.
- Relevant Work Experience:Three years experience in application development and support and/or analytical role with project management experience or experience working in all phases of the SDLC required. Health Care industry knowledge preferred.
Click below on Apply for this Position to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: analysis, business, business intelligence, examiner, financial reporting analyst, guidance, inspect, investment analyst, law, refine